The smallest things that matters~: CNY 2009

Friday, January 30, 2009

CNY 2009

Photobucket
Photobucket
Gong Xi Fa Cai & 新年快乐 to everyone^^! My family decided to have our reunion dinner at ama's house(my grandma's in malacca) this year due to the economic downturns. I find it satisfying as the food we had during the potluck was delicious haha^__^! Ama's delicious homemade chicken rice, butter crab brought from Bangsar Seafood(an all time fav), sushi(from Sushi king) bought by my singaporean relative, home made chicken rendang, baked sambal fish from a portugis settlement restaurant, and the most important of all : Yusheng(yee-sang). Yusheng is a mix of strips of raw fish (most commonly salmon), mixed with shredded vegetables and a variety of sauces and condiments, among other ingredients. There were also jelly fish in it :)) aik! Yusheng resembles abundance and prosperity as the chinese believes..I don't really enjoy eating it (it is sweet! agaga ^^!) but i do love tossing it ahhahha =) i guess it brings luck to do so. One of my aunt wished for good economy for the rest of the year hahha ^^! Most importantly I really enjoyed being able to get together with the ones i love at least once a year ♥♥ ^^!

No comments:

Post a Comment